...what to expect in your holiday home?
Dear Holiday Guest,
As you travel you realise that things can be very different from country to country as well as from region to region. This is what makes travelling and holidays so interesting. Differences are also to be expected in holiday homes. The type and quality of furnishings, and the look of the property, are normally in line with local standards.
We can assure you, however, that the home you chose will meet the following minimum requirements, provided that nothing in the brochure is mentioned to suggest otherwise.
What should you expect to find in your holiday home?
- Private living area, not for use by any other third party
- Comfortable seating in the living area
- Dining table with sufficient chairs
- Cooking facilities with pots and pans (ovens and microwaves available only if mentioned in the description).
- Heating is available in properties that are available for rent in the winter. The cost of heating is included unless stated as an extra. In summer resorts, heating or heaters are only available when mentioned in the description and normally costs extra. No heating is available in Italy from approximately mid April to mid October.
- TVs are only included where indicated in the description. They are usually colour. Black and white TVs are very rare but sometimes are provided and will be shown in the brochure description as «b/w».
- Fireplaces are for use (unless «ornamental» is mentioned), though firewood normally costs extra, provided it is available, or can be bought locally.
- “Double bedroom” = 2 separate beds pushed together or 2 single mattresses on a double base. “Room with double bed” = 1 bed for 2 people. Many homes have sofa beds (sometimes described as “double divan”) or pull out beds in the living room.
- Holiday homes are not normally equipped with kettles and teapots. All homes have a fridge.
Normal measurements for beds are:
- Single bed: 190 x 80/90 cm
- Double bed (1 mattress for 2 people) 190 x 140 cm
- Double bedroom (2 mattresses) 190 x 80 cm each
- Bunk beds are more suitable for children and can be quite small.
- Parking is available when mentioned in the description and will be included in the rental, unless the brochure description says it will be «extra».
- Public parking is not part of the rental agreement and we cannot guarantee this will always be available.
- Facilities belonging to the holiday home or the residence, such as swimming pool, play area, tennis court etc. will be mentioned in the description and will be included in the rental unless stated as «extra» in the description.
- Public facilities (swimming pools, tennis courts, restaurants etc.) are not part of the rental agreement and we cannot guarantee these will always be available, particularly in low season.
- The pet symbol by a property indicates that 1 pet will be permitted. If you wish to take more than 1 pet, you must check with reservations first.
Weekends and Shortbreaks
- In low season periods we can book selected properties for short breaks (minimum 3 days) and long weekends. Call your nearest Interhome reservations office to discover which properties are available for less than a week in the resort or city you wish to visit for a few days.